Mini Dental Implants
What are the benefits?
- Quick and easy to insert usually with minimal discomfort
- Will prevent further gum loss
- Allows you to eat foods that you once enjoyed but now avoid
- Will restore your confidence to laugh and smile again
- Doesn’t require drilling into the teeth on either side
- Can often be completed in one appointment
- When teeth are missing, the bone that previously supported those teeth melts away, or deteriorates. Without dental implants, the eventual impact of this can include collapsed facial profiles, lost lip support, increased wrinkles around the mouth and the appearance of a pointed nose and chin that are too close together. Dental Implants help hold the bone in place that would otherwise be lost.
How are they placed?
The standard insertion protocol for mini dental implants calls for them to be gently screwed through the patient’s gum. This is a relatively painless procedure that can be performed by a general dentist, requiring only a mild local anesthesia.
Once placed, a denture is fitted with attachments which securely ‘click’ onto the Implants in a solid but removable way.
As a revolutionary departure from routine dental implant methods, Mini Dental Implants are so narrow they are typically inserted directly through the overlying gum tissue and into the bone underneath.
Consequently, there is no need to surgically cut and “flap” open the gum tissue for most Mini Implant systems (these are routinely required for standard implant systems). As a result, post-insertion patient irritation and soreness is significantly reduced.
While all dental implants require care during insertion to avoid encroaching on vulnerable nerve, sinus or bony structures, the ultra small width of the mini implants offers a much more comfortable margin of safety.
Mini Implants for Dentures
Three Mini Implants to hold in a removable full denture (approximately $5,000)